Friday, January 27, 2012

Finally, photos!

Have you ever tried to take a picture of someone running? Unless you have an amazing single shot camera with special features, it's impossible. You get the streaky, fuzzy, ghost like, blur runner. That's why I am always excited that the events provide professional photography that I could never recreate.

Thanks to the folks at MarathonFoto.com, I have some pictures to share with you from the Phoenix Rock'n'Roll 1/2 Marathon, 1-15-12. The first of my 20 in 2012.

As you can see, there were a few people there ready to run in Phoenix! Which is another difficult task in photographing runners. I had anticipated this issue, so I had armed my friend Steve with a very large sign - complete with dangly streamers - so that I could find him as I ran by. Any man that will carry around a streamer enhanced sign all day is alright in my book.

Professional race photography also helps in looking through that mass of people and providing some excellent single person shots. Like this one:

There are quite a few more shots, and you can see them all here.

In this photo, I am running in my ToeOFF brace. Or I should say, I would not be running in this photo without my ToeOFF brace. I know that foot drop is not curable; however, I have found the proper brace to return me to the activities I enjoyed so much prior to foot drop. The ToeOFF brace helped me to GET BACK UP!

If you could Get Back Up Today, what would you do?

-Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment