Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Sights along my Feb.1 training run


In an attempt to keep the promise I made to myself after the Phoenix Rock-n-Roll Half in January (to remember to TRAIN for the next event!) I have started February off right with a 10-mile run. I ran pre-dawn and took these photos as the sun was coming up. I can't remember ever seeing so many flowers blooming in the heart of our winter. "June-uary" was amazing in regards to weather and so far February is off to a great start. Temps were around 50 degrees, no wind, and by mid-day we're supposed to be near 70. Big change from last year's wet-n-wintry conditions here in NC, and it's lovely. I do really enjoy snow (the way we get it here, not lake-effect-Buffalo-snow) but since we usually get cold rain or ice instead I'll happily keep the current balmy weather. What's it like where you are?
All the daffodils have been popping out this week, let's hope they can hang on awhile before the temps plummet again!

More cheery blooms along the trail.


Hmmm... rare species of blooming tree?


No comments:

Post a Comment